Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year New Goals

Welcome back everyone!  All...uhhh 10 of you!  So glad to be back.

During Christmas and all of the wonderful festivities, we got hit pretty hard with some illnesses, but everyone in our family is doing well once more. 

I ACHIEVED MY GOAL!!!!  I did not spend more than $30 on crafting last year.  AMAZING!  I have to pat myself on that back for that one.  So now it is a new year, and I need a new goal.  I want to make more things.  Just just stuff, but useful things.  No offense to other crafters, but there really is a lot of junk crafts out there, junk decor, and just plain junk.  I will not involve myself in it.  I want to have a purposeful life, and in order to do that, things in my home have to have a purpose.

My husband got me this book for Christmas.  (I asked for it...don't worry, he wasn't trying to drop hints or anything).  I LOVE it and highly recommend it to everyone!  The week after Christmas, and up until round two of strep throat a few days ago, I purged our house.  Our place is probably less than 1000 square feet and I easily got rid of 10 garbage bags full of stuff.  Yeah.  Wow.  I am not even done either.  After the life-altering experience of diving into this book, I physically can't put things back into my home unless they are beautiful or useful to me and my loved ones (that is a theme throughout the book---if it is neither beautiful or useful to you, why are you allowing it to take up precious space in your home).  There is so much more to the book than that though.  Just get it.

So for my goals this year, I will continue with last year's goal, sort of.  How about, I won't spend a LOT on crafts.  How about, I will only buy supplies that are necessary. I will only make things that are useful and beautiful to myself and others (in order words, I won't create more clutter).

I will try to make something every week, and something different every month (oooh variety! so at least 12 different things this year).

what are some of your goals for 2011?

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of purging my house- I'm sure I would find lots of things that are neither beautiful nor useful to us. I like your goals for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think using up the craft materials already at my disposal is a great idea. I have tons of "starter" projects that I swear are either missing a purpose or the perfect decoration. When in reality if I just started, they would acquire a purpose and I'd realize I have a ton of really nice materials. I'll let you know how it goes!!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and encouragement!