Melanie gave me
And Kirsti gave me
What a way to make my week. They both have a few rules, and I am sure that some of these people I will send this to might not participate, but that is totally fine. I just wanted to put some of my favorite blogs down (which I am sure most people out there have already seen).
Here are the rules of this fun little game :)
1. Accept and thank the person who sent it to you. (THANKS LADIES...I left comments on their blogs too)
2. List 10 things about yourself.
3. List 5 additional things you don't like.
4. Pass the award on to 10 other bloggers.
10 things about me:
1. I love making things...anything, as long as it is in some way useful or beautiful.
2. As far as what I make, I enjoy sewing the most,
3. but I also dab a bit in scrapbooking (hardly right now though, I have a sterilite container...think 10 gallon...full of pictures from when I lived in Brazil as a missionary for my church. Still not scrapbooked. I have been back for 5 years!...reference to "what I don't like #1)
4. I am a mom to 3 little boys: a 3 1/2 year old, an almost 2 year old, and a 6 week old (awww). And I love them to bits! (even though sometimes my older two can drive me crazy sometimes).
5. Crafts and making things in general (even dinner) help me to maintain my sanity, so I can still enjoy my life.
6. I have an English degree from BYU, but I rarely proofread when I am bloggin. my imperfections are a part of me.
7. I love people. I used to be insanely shy growing up, but college and my mission made me more extroverted.
8. I try to eat healthy things, but I have a sweet tooth. If I had to choose between a basket of strawberries and some chocolate though...I'd make a compromise: chocolate covered strawberries!
9. I have a really hard time writing lists about myself.
10. I am totally in love with my husband. He is my best friend, my companion, my favorite. (That is pretty much as sappy as I will ever get).
Things I DON'T like
1. I don't like waking up when I feel sick (does anybody?...I feel kinda sick today, FYI)
2. I don't like having a big hole in my kitchen ceiling (repairs...bleh).
3. I don't like cleaning and organizing. (I need cute helpful things to motivate me and put things in order).
4. I totally dislike trinkets and little knick-knacks. Our place is small, so what little space I do have, I want decorated decently.
5. I don't like driving (random huh?)
SO NOW.... I get to share the love.
Flirty Apron Swap (I am addicted to swapping here...the ladies are so fun and creative)
Craftaholics Anonymous ---crafts, tutorials
Everything Etsy---the name says it all. Craft room inspiration, giveaways, awesome.
Quilt Taffy---I love these ladies! They quilt, they sell fabric, they blog about life, and they are hilarious. Oh yeah, and every Thursday, they have a giveaway (I won once, 2 years ago, before they had all the followers they do now)
30 Days---Fun links to crafty inspirations as well as giveaways.
Obsessively Stitching--- Tutorials! I love how inspired this woman is. I don't have the patience to do tutes. Oh, and I won her 3 little pigs and big bad wolf finger puppets a few months ago.
The Year of The Cookie---my neighbors have this awesome blog. They are making cookies every day for a year and taking them to someone they don't know (different people each day). They write about the experience, and the recipe (no repeats!). They've been going for almost a month now.
Perrys' Plate---Awesome food blog. The best in fact. Healthy, but when it comes to desserts, she goes all out.
So that is only 8, but I am trying to cut back on the blogs I read, and I wanted to feature awesome people who have actually communicated with me at some point. All of these ladies are super nice and wonderful! So you can pick your award...feeling Trendy, or Gorgeous? Because you are all both to me!